8. Rejoice that Jesus is true man, that He can sympathize with our weaknesses.
9. Rejoice that Jesus is true God, that our Savior is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
10. Repent of all your sins and trust that God forgives your sins through the blood of Jesus.
11. Pray that God would empower you, by His Spirit, to live in righteousness, innocence and blessedness.
12. Thank God that He freely gives faith and salvation through His Spirit. Pray that all would hear the Word and be Baptized according to His will.
13. Thank God for the Holy Spirit. Pray that He would keep all in the true faith.
14. Thank God for the Church. Pray that she would remain faithful to her Savior.
15. Rejoice that God gives and sustains faith in the Holy Trinity. Rejoice that God is love.
24. for young people, that the Lord would lead them to serve Him and bless His people.
25. for us, that when we are tempted to focus on the things of the world or on ourselves, God would direct our attention to His Word and will.
26. with thanksgiving that God continues to strengthen us through His Word and Sacraments.
27. with thankful hearts to God for sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross and rise again so that we might have the forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life.
28. that we would joyfully study the Sacred Scriptures as a light to our path and gratefully make use of the Lutheran Confessions to help us understand and apply the Scriptures.
29. with thanksgiving for shepherds in the Church’s history and pastors today, whom God uses to guide His flock.
30. that God would keep all Christians from being led astray by false teachings, and instead bring them to a deeper knowledge of Him.
31. that we all would be given a trust in the saving Gospel and a great passion to spread its joy with others in our lives.
7. for teachers and administrators in Lutheran schools, that they would model Christ-like behavior for students and incorporate the Gospel message into each and every day.
16. with thanksgiving to God for raising up voices in every age and generation as He continues to call people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
17. that God would raise up in our own time faithful pastors and church workers who will preach Jesus Christ crucified and risen, for the edification of His people and for the sake of those not yet of the faith.
18. with thanksgiving that God does His bidding through unworthy and unlikely people. Pray that He would keep us from thinking more highly of ourselves than we ought and keep us focused on the proclamation of the Gospel.
8. for directors of parish music, that they would find joy and satisfaction in their work of enhancing the worship life of the church.
9. for the Synod’s commissioned lay ministers, who work under a pastor’s guidance to support a church’s efforts in evangelism, Christian education, parish administration and other areas that are God-pleasing.
10. for missionaries, who leave home and family to work in faraway lands. Ask God to give them strength, wisdom and protection as they do His work.
11. for those involved in Specialized Pastoral Ministry, who serve the ill, imprisoned, aging, troubled and isolated. Give thanks for their service to people in the midst of tragedy or crisis.